I think they're pretty good, so I wanted to share them with you. Feel free to share them with your boards.
- How frequently and deeply is the mission used to drive organizational goals and values?
- What is the role of the executive director vis-a-vis the board in financial stewardship?
- Besides finances, what are the biggest risks facing the institution?
- How can interaction among board members be enhanced?
- Is the needed mix of talent at the board table for now and the next five years?
- How can the level of information and idea exchange at board meetings be effectively increased?
- How can the board be more visible to the organization's constituents?
- What are the one or two factors that are critical to the board-director relationship?
- What changes in board structure or practices could enhance the organization's ability to fulfill its mission?
Photo: 2008-0625 IAA Board Meeting 067 from Arts Alliance Illinois